Learn about muscles as a source of pain and the treating opportunities provided by acupuncture/dry needling. A contextual review of traditional Chinese medicine will set the scene but the course will focus on the neuro-physiology of pain and myofascial trigger points. Predominantly a practical course, participants will needle over forty different body parts and will gain significant improvements in their understanding of musculoskeletal conditions, surface anatomy knowledge and palpation skills. This course is a vital element in musculoskeletal education and is a must for all contemporary physiotherapists.
- Understand the theory and principles of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture
- Understand the theory and principles of myofascial trigger points
- Understand the theory and principles of dry needling
- Safely and confidently insert acupuncture needles to relieve musculoskeletal pain.
- This course is available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists and may be also available to other AHPRA registered practitioners.