Gerontological Physiotherapy Level 2
This course offers a great opportunity to build on the knowledge developed in the Gerontology Level 1 course. Topics include: management of dementia, frailty, persistent pain, mental health, an overview of the physiotherapist's role in the palliative care process and exercise prescription for older people.
This course is a mandatory component of the experiential titling pathway in Gerontological Physiotherapy.
Online registrations have now closed. Please contact the APA to manually register.
- Identify indications, contra indications and strategies to optimise engagement with exercise in older adults
- Describe evidence-based physiotherapy interventions to maintain and optimise physical function and prevent deterioration in people who are frail
- Outline strategies to maintain functional capacity and quality of life in people with dementia
- Discuss principles of management of persistent pain in older people
- Define and describe the holistic palliative care process and principles of management
- Outline strategies to engage the older adult with mental health problems in physiotherapy
- Completion of Gerontological Physiotherapy Level 1.