Sports Physiotherapy Level 1
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various roles and responsibilities required of the sports physiotherapist working with teams.
- Demonstrate ability to assimilate and apply knowledge relevant to prepare for different sporting environments (Nationally, Internationally) by ensuring that all equipment or supplies that may be required are available for use in the event of acute injury or illness at the training or competition site.
- Demonstrate ability to identify medical and support facilities/resources appropriate to supporting athlete and support staff health at travel destination or home venue.
- Demonstrate ability to assimilate and apply sports specific principles of preparation for travel including environmental conditions, travel and time zone considerations.
- Demonstrate understanding of risk management assessment including location of venue emergency facilities and procedures, maintenance of injury and treatment records.
- Assimilate and apply knowledge relevant to self-care and preparation for travel/ team duties as a physiotherapist including fitness, health and time management strategies
- Demonstrate understanding of the definition, pathophysiology, modifying factors of concussion
- Demonstrate ability to assimilate and apply best practice evidence based protocols for the assessment and management of concussion
- Identify and have competence to apply best practice tools/methods for on field/ post game assessment of concussion.
- Demonstrate ability to assimilate and apply best practice principles for step wise return to training and competition participation following concussion
- Demonstrate ability to use taping as an evidence-based strategy targeted at different treatment aims in different sporting contexts, for example, to promote rest, protection, injury prevention and facilitation of healing.
- Demonstrate ability to identify both indications and contraindications to application of taping techniques.
- Demonstrate ability to identify and apply safe and effective principles of tape application and removal in the sporting context.
- Demonstrate competency with taping the following joints: ankle, knee and shoulder
- This course is only available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists.