Spinal Physiotherapy Part A (Cervical)
PLEASE NOTE: Attendance at this course requires the completion of the Spinal Physiotherapy Part A online modules to be purchased separately via CPD4physios .
The Spinal Physiotherapy Part A (Cervical) course is a foundation course aimed at physiotherapists wanting to gain a contemporary overview of neck disorders, and develop skills in:
• interpreting patient history;
• performing a standard, comprehensive, physical examination;
• interpreting assessment findings to identify and select appropriate best practice interventions.
The objective of this course is to enable participants to:
• gain a broad but contemporary understanding of common neck disorders, associated pathophysiology and typical clinical presentations;
• gain skills in the examination of neck disorders, interpretation of findings and identification of clinically relevant outcome measures;
• gain clinical reasoning skills to interpret patient findings and identify appropriate treatments based on the evidence base, clinical presentations and patients' values.
The course is ideal for physiotherapists who are seeking to develop a career in musculoskeletal physiotherapy, specifically:
• new graduates with an interest in musculoskeletal physiotherapy;
• more experienced graduates changing to work in musculoskeletal physiotherapy; or
• more experienced physiotherapists returning to musculoskeletal physiotherapy after an absence.
Delivered via a mix of teaching and learning approaches including didactic, practical/ hands-on, directed learning and facilitated case-based group discussions course participants will enhance their theoretical knowledge and demonstrate this understanding into practical application, reinforcing critical thinking in the area of musculoskeletal physiotherapy.
- Explain the epidemiology and pathophysiology of common neck disorders and typical clinical presentations.
- Conduct an assessment for common neck disorders and interpret the findings.
- Identify relevant outcome measures.
- Develop skills in clinical reasoning to inform management.
- Design client-centred management plan based on findings and best available evidence.
- Apply interventions used in the management of common cervical spine presentations.
- Spinal Physiotherapy Part A online module package to be purchased separately through CPD4physios and completed prior to the course.
- This course is only available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists.