Women's Pelvic Health Level 1
This course has been designed to provide an opportunity for physiotherapists to develop their practical skills and clinical reasoning associated with content taught in the online Level 1 Women's Pelvic Health Course.
This practical course will be structured around a ‘clinical case studies' format. Physiotherapists will be guided through a number of case studies requiring interpretation of completed Australian Pelvic Floor Questionnaires, bladder and bowel diaries, as well as results of Trans-Abdominal Real Time Ultrasound (RTUS), to develop an introductory management plan involving pelvic floor muscle training (where indicated) and lifestyle advice for each case.
In particular, physiotherapists will have the opportunity to perform Trans-Abdominal RTUS to assess pelvic floor function and bladder volumes, as well as learn the necessary procedures required to perform a visual assessment of anal sphincter contraction (note: no internal examinations are performed at Level 1).
This course will be presented by the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) in combination with Women's Health Training Associates (WHTA).
For more information about the Women's Level 1 courses please click here.
Thisevent is now FULL. Please contact the APA to be added to the waitlist.
- Apply screening, assessment tools and outcome measures related to introductory level pelvic floor assessment
- Demonstrate appropriate use and interpretation of a basic bladder and bowel diary
- Demonstrate safe application of Transabdominal RTUS for pelvic floor assessment, biofeedback, and assessment of bladder volumes.
- Demonstrate safe performance of a visual assessment (external observation) of anal sphincter contraction including appropriate infection control, consent and performance of technique.
- ‘Introductory Women's Health Physiotherapy Level 1' online course (5 hours).
- ‘Women's Pelvic Health Physiotherapy Level 1' online course (6 hours).
- This course is only available to AHPRA-registered physiotherapists.