Vestibular Masterclass with Sue Whitney from University of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The 3-hour Masterclass will include the following:
- Mild traumatic brain injury management in the older adult
- New advances in vestibular assessment and rehabilitation in older adults
- Advances in the care of older persons with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
The learner will be:
- Exposed to a mild brain injury classification system to identify older persons with mild brain injury (concussion) and quick screens to assist in the identification of concussive symptoms in older persons.
- Able to identify at least 4 special considerations in treating the older adult after mild brain injury.
- Able to identify exercise modifications that may be necessary for the older adult with mild brain injury.
- Able to identify at least 4 new innovations in the care of persons with vestibular disorders that are developing technology.
- Able to describe both Lee maneuvers and the modified Semont maneuver plus the Zuma maneuver for the treatment of posterior and horizontal canal BPPV.
- View complex cases of older persons with BPPV and participate in making decisions via online polling.
NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS: 9.00am AEDT
SA: 8.30 am ACDT
QLD: 8.00am AEST
NT: 7.30am ACST
WA: 6.00am AWST
Please note: This is an online event. Login instructions including link details will be sent to registrants the day before the event. If login instructions are not received by midday on the day before the event, contact us on email@example.com.