Hip differential diagnosis and prescriptive exercise
Want a clear understanding of differential diagnosis of common and not so common Hip conditions that present for treatment but don't know where to start? This course is for you.You will gain a better understanding of a comprehensive differential diagnosis assessment protocols to specifically identify structural and functional deficits in Hip pathology and dysfunction.
Want to know how to develop a dysfunction specific retraining program for the hip region including optimal muscle recruitment patterns of the groin and lower limb? This course will provide you with practical exercise strategies that can be incorporated into rehabilitation and maintenance training programs.
A graded system to assess and progress a hip dynamic stability program will be provided from the acute stage of treatment, to return to normal function.
The course will include Practical session, where participants are introduced to a wide variety of hip dysfunction specific exercises recognising the correct level of exercise difficulty for the presenting condition and how to progress to functional strength and muscle hypertrophy.
- Explains the anatomy, biomechanics and kinematic issues of the hip joint
- Provides a clear understanding of the 3D normal and common abnormal movement patterns of the hip
- Demonstrates a differential diagnosis system for assessing bone ligament, tendon and muscular dysfunction
- Provides a detailed plan of progressed functional exercise, tailored to each client's issues
- Provides a detailed exercise template provided to use in the clinic
- This course is only available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists.
- Pre-reading materials distributed at registration cut off date.