A tool to assist in patient analysis
APA Innovation Advisor Barry Nguyen reviews a useful gait analysis app, which helps physiotherapists examine how a patient walks.
Developer: Rachael Walton-Mouw
Get it: Apple app store or Google Play store
The Gait Speed mobile app is a functional measurement that can be used by physiotherapists to analyse a patient’s safety, confidence, and effectiveness in walking. The app features a timer, which a physiotherapist can start and stop at pre-determined gait distances and collect multiple time trials while assessing your patient’s walking.
A patient’s results can be saved on a history page with a time stamp to allow for easy identification and access, or you can save with a password in the physiotherapy information section. Although all patient data is stored in the cloud, it may not be secure.
- useful in geriatric or neurological rehabilitation environment
- easy to use timer—use ‘eyes free’ external volume buttons or large simple button on screen to start and stop
- customisable distance in metres or feet
- option for password protection
- able to manage and export patient data.
- pre-set gait distances do not include 10 metres, only 10 feet
- the data is saved in the cloud.
Note: The views expressed by the reviewer are not necessarily those of the APA.
ATTENTION ALL APP AFICIONADOS. Interested in reviewing an app for InMotion? Or do you have a suggestion for an app to be reviewed? Either way, we want to hear from you. Email email@example.com to indicate your interest or to share your suggestion.
© Copyright 2018 by Australian Physiotherapy Association. All rights reserved.