Optimising motor control of the lumbo pelvic and the older hip
A comprehensive exercise protocol specific to age related Hip dysfunction will be explained and demonstrated with take home exercise examples for clinical use. The muscle assessment and exercise program design can be progressed from very specific retraining of spinal, pelvic and hip muscular stability through to dynamic functional movement patterns required for work, ADL through to high level sport.The two-day course includes:
• A detailed outline of the dynamic slings of the lumbo-pelvic and hip regions and how they relate to individual patient presentation
• A specific and graded assessment protocol for lumbo-pelvic and hip dysfunction
• Detailed practical strategies that can be incorporated into rehabilitation and maintenance training programs to optimise dynamic lumbo-pelvic hip control and proprioception
• Detailed exercise handouts included in the training manual that can be applied in the clinic immediately
• Assessment of dysfunctional local/global muscle recruitment patterns of the lumbar spine, hip and pelvis.
• A grading system to assess and progress a spinal/pelvic/hip functional control program from the acute stage of treatment, to return to normal function.
• Practical session on a wide variety of graded functional exercises for the lumbar, pelvic region for the appropriate grade of dynamic function exhibited and how to progress.
• Key manual therapy and self help home strategies to optimise hip mobility
• Exercise and education strategies tailored for the older hip and presenting functional issues
• Rehabilitation pre and post hip joint replacement
- Learn assessment of dysfunctional local/global muscle recruitment patterns of the lumbar spine, pelvis and hips.
- Incorporate a grading system to assess and progress a lumbo-pelvic functional program from the acute stage of treatment, to return to normal function.
- Practice a wide variety of graded and progressed functional exercises using proprioceptive cues and recognising the correct level of exercise difficulty and how to progress
- Design effective manual therapy, exercise and education intervention for the older hip
- Design a dysfunction specific exercise program to optimise function in the older hip
- Pre-reading materials distributed at registration cut-off date.
- This course is available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists and may be also available to other AHPRA registered practitioners.