Shoulders: Simplifying the complex
This highly practical course explores a systematic, evidence-based method for simplifying the management of a variety of common shoulder dysfunctions.
Participants are taught a comprehensive, yet simple to follow, (step-by-step) assessment, treatment and clinical reasoning pathway to assure successful outcomes.
Participants will be fine-tuning essential therapy skills with respect to meaningful objective assessments, effective hands-on treatment techniques and functional exercise prescription.
This course is for physiotherapists:
- looking for an evidence-based method for simplifying the management of what many therapists find to be a very complex region to assess and treat.
- who desire to fine-tune their skills with respect to meaningful objective assessments, hands-on treatment techniques and effective exercise prescription.
- who appreciate the value of developing a systematic (step-by-step) approach to managing a wide spectrum of shoulder dysfunctions.
- Perform a systematic and very efficient approach to objective assessment and treatment
- Apply highly effective hands on treatment skills for quick and lasting results
- Understand how to best assess and manage neural dynamics and optimal mobility
- Review essential functional anatomy, integrated movement theories and biomechanics
- Identify both common and complex upper limb muscle imbalances
- Perform an extensive spectrum of rehabilitation and functional strengthening exercises
- Gain confidence in successfully managing a wide range of shoulder dysfunctions
- This course is available to qualified and AHPRA registered physiotherapists and osteopaths. It is also available to current members of Myotherapy Association Australia with appropriate PI insurance that covers for participation in professional development courses.