This online lecture will provide insight and guidance into the importance and consequences of informed consent and communication. Financial risk and income protection will be addressed and insight from our insurer on the top 3 issues affecting the profession.
General Considerations in 2021.
• Sexual Misconduct claims for Physiotherapist have been on the rise in the past 4 years. This presentation will take you through some case studies and guide you through some steps to mitigate allegations of misconduct.
Register and attend all 3 lectures in the Business Risk Mitigation series to go into the draw to win a Pilates reformer (open to AUS residents only) Click here for full Terms and Conditions
Please note: This is a live webinar. Login instructions including link details will be sent to registrants on the day of the event.
Please join us for a panel discussion: Physiotherapy and occupational rehabilitation - where are we at in SA and where are we going?
PLEASE NOTE: This face to face event is being held at APA SA Branch, 8/15 Fullarton Road, Kent Town. It is not being recorded or presented via zoom.
This course offers a great opportunity to build on the knowledge developed in the Gerontology Level 1 course. Topics include: management of dementia, frailty, persistent pain, mental health, an overview of the physiotherapist's role in the palliative care process and exercise prescription for older people. This course is a mandatory component of the experiential titling pathway in Gerontological Physiotherapy.
The 3-hour Masterclass will include the following:
- Mild traumatic brain injury management in the older adult
- New advances in vestibular assessment and rehabilitation in older adults
- Advances in the care of older persons with benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
The learner will be:
- Exposed to a mild brain injury classification system to identify older persons with mild brain injury (concussion) and quick screens to assist in the identification of concussive symptoms in older persons.
- Able to identify at least 4 special considerations in treating the older adult after mild brain injury.
- Able to identify exercise modifications that may be necessary for the older adult with mild brain injury.
- Able to identify at least 4 new innovations in the care of persons with vestibular disorders that are developing technology.
- Able to describe both Lee maneuvers and the modified Semont maneuver plus the Zuma maneuver for the treatment of posterior and horizontal canal BPPV.
- View complex cases of older persons with BPPV and participate in making decisions via online polling.
Please note: This is an online event. Login instructions including link details will be sent to registrants the day before the event. If login instructions are not received by midday on the day before the event, contact us on email@example.com.