Renewing your APA membership means staying CONNECTED with likeminded professionals.
Continue to LEARN through a range of quality, evidence-based development offerings. Use your voice to ADVOCATE for the profession. GROW through career pathways and mentoring programs. Engage with RESEARCH to help shape the physiotherapy profession. Access marketing resources to help PROMOTE physiotherapy to all Australians.
Most of all, renewing your membership means continued SUPPORT from the APA.
From 31 December 2023, we want to draw your attention to a change in the APA Master Professional Indemnity and Public and Products Liability Insurance Policy. The Cyber Liability & Network Security Liability Extension has been removed in its entirety from the policy. For more information read the changes to your cover factsheet or the Insurance Changes FAQs webpage.^
Visit the Membership Insurance webpage for all 2024 insurance information.
Karen has been an APA member for over 30 years. This is her reason to belong.
Make connections by joining one or more of the 21 special interest national groups, including the Advanced Practice, Disability, Paediatrics or Gerontology groups to name a few. Access the latest news and information via our monthly e-newsletter, receive InMotion and other physiotherapy focused publications and effortlessly connect with your community.
Continue to access the tools that make up-skilling easy, with over 800 professional development opportunities to choose from all at a discounted price for members. Access a range of databases such as PEDro, MEDLINE and CINAHL and attend our yearly APA conference.
Engage with programs that help develop and enhance your career pathway. Through the Australian College of Physiotherapists, grow with formal Titling and Specialisation programs, or be part of the new APA Mentoring Program.
In collaboration with our members, the APA advocates on behalf of the profession on the issues that matter most. We fight for the things that you care about—in defending our core discipline scope, advancing scope and calling for publicly funded models and fee increases. Our Landmark 10-year policy vision, the APA White Paper – the Future of Physiotherapy has increased our policy legitimacy and got us in front of the decision makers that count.
With over 115 years of experience, allow the APA to guide you in the right direction by providing high-quality Professional Indemnity and Public Liability Insurance, sourcing partner discounts and obtaining the tools and resources to help you flourish.
Each year, the APA promotes physiotherapy through a variety of channels, including media releases, consumer campaigns, paid advertising, social media activity and other digital avenues. Every member has access to marketing resources with the opportunity to amplify campaigns.
Stay up-to-date with world-class research via online access to the Journal of Physiotherapy and the APA’s monthly InMotion magazine. Plus, access the latest from our very own Physiotherapy Research Foundation (PRF), whose grants foster emerging and current research.
You can choose to pay your membership fees in full or by monthly instalments.
If you wish to pay by instalments, please note the following:
Instalments = Membership Fee (excluding GST) + National Group fees and/or College fees (excluding GST) Divided By Number of Remaining Months.
If you wish to pay in full, no automatic renewal will occur the following year and you will need to manually renew.
^You must be a current APA member to be eligible for the APA member insurance program. If your membership ceases you will not be offered renewal when your policy expires. In arranging this insurance for our members APA is acting as a distributor of BMS Risk Solutions Pty Ltd (BMS) AFSL 461594, ABN 45161187980. Some insurance is issued by BMS under binder with Certain Underwriters at Lloyds. When acting under a binder BMS acts as agent for the insurer and not as your agent. This is general advice only and BMS has not considered whether it was suitable for your particular objectives, needs or financial situation. Please read the Policy Wording/Product Disclosure Statement and the BMS Terms of Engagement which contains the Financial Services Guide before making a decision about purchasing this policy.
These terms and conditions apply to the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) Complimentary National Group (Promotion). Entry into the promotion is deemed to be an acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions:
1) Promotional period: The Complimentary National Group promotion is valid from 9.00am on 8 November 2023 or when renewals are officially open, until 11.59pm on 30 November 2023 AEDT.
2) Promotional offer: Current eligible 2023 APA members who renew their APA membership for 2024 by 30 November 2023, will receive a complimentary National Group subscription of their choice (please refer to eligible National Group subscription table outlined in clause 5).
I. Maximum one complimentary National group subscription redeemable with an eligible membership purchase.
II. The value of the National Group subscription offer is $60 (including GST) with the exception of M4A Retired members, who will receive a complimentary subscription to the discounted rate of $51 (please refer to clause 4).
3) Eligibility: To be eligible for the promotional offer, you must be an existing APA member renewing onto an Active membership in the specified categories as listed in clause 4.
4) Eligible membership categories:
|M1C||Full Time Private Insured|
|M2C||Part Time Private Insured|
|M1A||Full Time Private No Insurance|
|M2A||Part Time Private No Insurance|
|M1D||Full Time Public Insured|
|M2D||Part Time Public Insured|
|M11||Associate Member (Overseas)|
|M5I||Graduate Year 1|
|M5J||Graduate Year 2|
|M5K||Graduate Year 3|
|M5L||Graduate Year 4|
Please note that members within the M4A: Retired membership category are also eligible for the complementary National Group subscription, but at the discounted rate of $51.
5) Eligible National Group Subscriptions:
Please note, the offer excludes the premium business group subscription.
6) Provision of discount:
I. Members will be notified, via email or SMS, of their potential eligibility for the offer during November 2023.
II. The email or SMS will include the discount code NG2024 which can be redeemed during checkout for eligible members renewing into an eligible member category by 30 November 2023.
III. The discount code can be used by members paying in full or by instalments. It is the member’s responsibility to redeem the discount code at the point of payment. The APA will be under no obligation to retrospectively apply a discount once a renewal payment has been processed.
IV. The discount is not transferrable and is not valid in conjunction with any other membership or loyalty discounts.
V. The discount is capped to one eligible National Group subscription per renewal. However, members can subscribe to additional national groups s at their own cost when renewing their membership.
VI. The discount will be applied to the membership subscription product (not the National Group product) during the renewals process. A National Group subscription must be added to the shopping cart for the discount to be applied.
7) The APA reserves the right to validate the eligibility of any member and or National group subscription and may determine any redemption to be ineligible in its sole discretion.
8) The APA reserves the right to modify or cancel the Promotion at any time without prior notice. The offer is not redeemable for cash.
9) In the event that the APA is, for any reason, unable to validate the indicated offer, we reserve the right to substitute an offer of commensurate value subject to these same terms and conditions.
10) The APA makes no representations or warranties as to the quality or suitability of the offer. It is the responsibility of the member to select the most appropriate member category and National Group at the time of renewal, and ensure the coverage provided by the APA Member Insurance Program is adequate for their needs. Visit the APA Member Insurance page for more information. To the extent permitted by law, the APA is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to, direct or consequential loss) or for any damages you may suffer as a result of participation to the promotion, including but not limited to your inability to obtain or redeem any reward codes.