Membership terms and conditions
APA membership eligibility
- Agree to abide by the APA Constitution and Code of Conduct
- Are of good fame and character and a fit and proper person to be a member of the Association
- Agree to declare any criminal conviction recorded against them
- Have not had a ruling of unprofessional conduct, professional misconduct or unsatisfactory professional conduct (or similar) or a finding of grounds for disciplinary action (or similar) by the Physiotherapy Board of Australia or its equivalent or by their Industry Registration Board
- Are registered or previously registered with the Physiotherapy Board of Australia (or other Australian state or territory physiotherapy registration board) (applies to all members except M7, M9, M10, M11 and M12).
For full category definitions and eligibility information, see the membership page.
Membership cancellation and refund policies
The first monthly instalment will be deducted upon receipt of renewal. The first instalment will include the full amount of GST payable for the year. It will also include any donations that you may have agreed to provide. Subsequent instalments for the year will equal the remaining amount due divided by the respective number of months of the year remaining. Monthly instalments will be deducted from your nominated credit or debit card on the first working day of the month.
By electing to pay by instalments you are also opting to have your membership automatically rolled over into the forthcoming year, authorising the APA to continue deducting membership fees until you notify the APA in writing to cease deductions or your membership is cancelled or withdrawn and outstanding fees are collected.
Instalments can only be cancelled in December at the end of our membership year. You will be notified in writing of any change to your deductions at least 30 days prior to that change. If there are insufficient funds available to make the deduction or the payment is rejected for other reasons, the APA may pass associated bank fees on to you.
The Australian Physiotherapy Association will not issue membership refunds throughout the year unless under extraordinary circumstances. Applications for refund must be made in writing to the Senior Finance and Systems Officer. All applications will be considered on a caseby- case basis and the decision made will be final. Please note that membership to the APA is done on a yearly basis. If any refund of membership fees is granted the APA reserves the right to charge an administrative fee of $100.00 (inclusive of GST), which will be deducted from the balance of your membership fees that are refunded.
Insurance Terms and Conditions
Please visit our APA Member Insurance Program page for full insurance terms and conditions.