Cancer, Palliative Care and Lymphoedema
If you work in cancer care, lymphoedema/lipoedema treatment or palliative care, this group is for you. Grow your network, gain the support of your peers via events and information in our Facebook group, and stay on top of the latest knowledge and research.
Lectures are organised regularly around the country on stimulating topics, which are free for members to attend. There are many joint lectures organised with other National Groups, giving you a diverse professional development calendar each year. You’ll also receive research updates, literature reviews, reflections on professional development and news on committee activities around the country.
Member benefits include:
- regular e-Updates, including up-to-date information on relevant physiotherapy issues and events
- discounts on PD courses and events organised by the Cancer, Palliative Care and Lymphoedema group
- free attendance at lectures organised by the Cancer, Palliative Care and Lymphoedema group
- opportunity to be involved in committees in your state or at a national level, including the biannual conference scientific committee
- access to the Facebook group
- APA national groups align with the speciality interest subgroups within the WCPT. Further information can be found here.
About the group
The role of physiotherapy in cancer, palliative care and lymphoedema is growing. As cancer survival rates increase, quality of life and rehabilitation is becoming increasingly important. Physiotherapists have many skills to contribute to this area, and the evidence base for physiotherapy-directed exercise in cancer care is recognised globally.
The focus of the group is on awareness-raising, generating referrals from other health professionals as well as profiling the benefits of physiotherapy amongst consumers.
There are huge opportunities to be involved in shaping the future of this group and this emerging area of physiotherapy. You can volunteer for committee positions in your state or at a national level, or contribute your ideas for professional development and other activities.
Every two years, the APA conference scientific committee works to produce a high quality program for each area of physiotherapy, including cancer, palliative care and lymphoedema, giving you another opportunity to influence this area of the profession.