Paediatric physiotherapy covers a wide spectrum of health issues. Physiotherapists work with children from different walks of life who have various conditions, injuries and/or developmental concerns.
Members of the Paediatric Physiotherapy group receive resources, reviews of professional development and updates on committee activities around the country. There are many professional development opportunities, whether face-to-face, online, multi-day courses or evening lectures. We also regularly organise joint professional development events with other groups, allowing you to maintain a breadth of knowledge.
- regular e-Updates, including up-to-date information on relevant physiotherapy issues and events
- discounts on PD courses and events organised by the Paediatric group
- free attendance at lectures organised by the Paediatric group
- opportunity to be involved in committees in your state or at a national level, including the biannual conference scientific committee.
- progression to titling and specialisation in the field of paediatric physiotherapy
- access to the Facebook group
- APA national groups align with the speciality interest subgroups within the WCPT. Further information can be found here.
About the group
Paediatrics has a long history in medicine but a more recent one in physiotherapy. The group focuses on raising awareness among other health professionals and families about their work with children and adolescents.
The Paediatric Physiotherapy group recognises the achievements of its members through awards programs in various states. There are also opportunities to be involved in shaping the future of the group through volunteering for committee positions in each state or at a national level, and contributing ideas for professional development and other activities.
Every two years, the APA conference scientific committee works to produce a high quality program for each area of physiotherapy, including paediatrics, giving you another opportunity to influence this area of the profession.