Leadership and Management
Leadership is a key component in the effective delivery and management of health services everywhere throughout Australia—whether in the public or private sector. While there are a range of available courses that physiotherapists can complete, often the greatest source of knowledge can be attained through the networks of current leaders and managers, each of whom have a broad range of experience to share. Within the APA, the group that can offer this support is the leadership and management group.
Professional development looks a little different for the leadership and management group than for the APA’s clinical national groups. It often involves guest speakers—sometimes from within the physiotherapy profession, but often crossing professional boundaries—providing valuable insight into key strategies for providing effective leadership and addressing the major issues facing physiotherapists in healthcare.
Member benefits include:
- regular e-Updates, including up-to-date information on relevant physiotherapy issues and events
- discounts on PD courses and events organised by the Leadership and Management Physiotherapy group
- free attendance at lectures organised by the Leadership and Management Physiotherapy group
- opportunity to be involved in committees in your state or at a national level
- access to the Facebook group
- APA national groups align with the speciality interest subgroups within the WCPT. Further information can be found here.